Each regulated agent shall demonstrate that at least two staff members have attended and completed a training programme acceptable to Civil Aviation Department or have passed the RA Revalidation Test organized by the Civil Aviation Department. Relevant details can be found in the Part B of the Handling Procedures for Regulated Agent Regime (RAR) .
RAR Training Requirements
Each Regulated Agent (RA) shall have at least two staff members who have either passed the RA Revalidation Test organized by the Civil Aviation
Department (the Test) or attended an RA Security Training Programme acceptable to the Civil Aviation Department (the Training Programme). Upon passing the Test or completion of the Training Programme, "RA Revalidation Test Result Notification" or training certificates will be issued to individual candidates. All passing Notifications and training certificates carry a validity of 3 years. Before expiry of the 3-year period, RAs shall arrange for their staff to attend the Test for the revalidation of the Notifications or to complete the Training Programme for revalidation of the training certificates for another 3 years. RAs who have their trained staff left their companies should arrange training for their replacement staff to comply with the above training requirements within 3 months after the departure of the trained staff.
Those who have passed the Test or completed the Training Programme should internally brief the staff members with access to consignment designated as air cargo and/or related shipping documents. It is the responsibility of an RA to arrange their respective in-house refresher training in order to ensure their staff members are continuously familiarized with the RAR requirements. RAs shall maintain training records.
Those who failed the Test should attend the next available test, or alternatively attend the Training Programme to meet the RA training requirement.
Schedule and Arrangement of RAR Revalidation Test
Cargo Security Training (Regulated Agent Regime) Course Organizers
||Civil Aviation Department
||Free of Charge
||Room 118, Level 1, Office Building
Civil Aviation Department Headquarters
1 Tung Fai Road, Chek Lap Kok, Lantau
Public bus en route to the CAD Headquarters
S1 (Circular) Tung Chung MTR to/from Asia World Expo
||Every other Monday (Please contact us at 2910 6866 for available dates for the test)
Time: 3:00 p.m..
|Who should attend:
||Holders of RA certificates approaching the 3-year expiry date.
||20 questions (multiple choice) in English and Chinese; passing marks: 80%
||Results will be notified to RA within 14 days of examination.
||Please contact CAD officer at telephone:
2910 6866 (From 9:00 am to 12:30 pm) (Mon – Fri) for test registration.
There are eight course organizers offering RA security training programme acceptable to Civil Aviation Department. Regulated Agents which are interested to attend the courses can contact the organizer direct for enrolment.
Syllabus of RAR Training and Revalidation Test
1. Objective of cargo security
- To prevent the unauthorized carriage of explosives and incendiary devices in the consignments of cargo intended for carriage on commercial aircraft
2. International and local requirements
- Annex 17 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation
- Background of ICAO new policy direction
- Security Programme
(i) Hong Kong Aviation Security Programme
(ii) Aircraft Operator Security Programme / Regulated Agent Security Programme / Regulated Air Cargo Screening Facility Security Programme / Known Consignor Security Programme
- Handling Procedures for regulated agent regime (RAR), regulated air cargo screening facilities and known consignors
- Notice to regulated agents, regulated air cargo screening facilities and known consignors
3. Key parties of air cargo security regime
- 5 main parties of the regime (aircraft operator, cargo terminal operator, regulated agent, regulated air cargo screening facility and known consignor)
- Definition and responsibilities of aircraft operator, cargo terminal operator, regulated agent, regulated air cargo screening facility, and known consignor
4. Known cargo and unknown cargo handling procedures
- Classification of known cargo (SPX cargo) and unknown cargo
- Procedures for handling known cargo (SPX cargo) and unknown cargo
- Use of regulated agent codes and security status (SPX)
5. Physical protection of cargo
- Cargo acceptance
- Warehouse security (physical measures, access controls, segregation of known cargo from unknown cargo and protection of known cargo prior to loading onto trucks)
- Chain of custody – Secure Transportation (driver, vehicle, secure transportation means)
6. Security screening methods for clearing unknown cargo, including alternative methods of screening cargo which is difficult to be screened by x-ray equipment
7. Exempted cargo
8. RAR Training for Nominated Persons and Security Awareness Training
9. Personnel Security
- Pre-employment background check of staff and contractors
10. Handling Procedures for Regulated Agent Regime (RAR)
11. Maintenance of documents
- Required documents
- Document retention period
12. Treatment of high risk cargo (including suspect cargo)
- Actions on high risk cargo (including suspect cargo)
- Actions on unresolved suspicions
- Actions when explosive or incendiary device identified
13. Self-assessment and regulatory oversight